2+2 Makes Sex
Marina Theatre, Lowestoft
> Marina Theatre, Lowestoft
Bruce James Productions' comedy farce 2 + 2 Makes Sex, written by Richard Harris and Leslie Darbon and starring Damian Williams and Andrew Lynford – best known as EastEnders Simon Raymond – has to be the funniest show the Marina Theatre has put on this season.
The story is set in the 70s and the action takes place on a split-level set representing the drawing room of George (Damian Williams) and his wife Clare's (Julie Fox) house in Highgate and Jane Bowers' (Jo Leigh-Williams) bedsit in Holland Park, London.
Middle-aged George has stopped wearing vests, started running and has swapped his old car for a sporty MGB.
You may also want to watch:
The 49-year-old is suffering from a virility crisis and seeks reassurance from young Jane.
There were shades of Rising Damp in the gentle and, at times, hilarious innuendo.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 3 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 4 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 5 A47 driver stopped in smashed up Vauxhall and failed drug test
- 6 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 7 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
- 8 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
- 9 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 10 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
Damian Williams shines as the star of the show with his mobile features and skilful ad-libbing – a kind of cross between Les Dawson and Leonard Rossiter, while Andrew Lynford put in one of his best stage performances as the pseudo psychotherapist boyfriend anxious to make his girl see she is only attracted to George as a father figure.
t 2+2 Makes Sex continues at the Marina Theatre until Saturday November 6.