15 village gardens near Swaffham to open
An open gardens day in Sporle, near Swaffham, is being held again this year, on Sunday June 12.
An open gardens day in Sporle, near Swaffham, is being held again this year.
Organiser Wendy Brown said: “When we did this last year, it was very much of a challenge and people have said that it wouldn't work two years on the trot.
“But I believe we can do just as well again - there is a lot going on in the village, with something happening all the time.
“So what we're saying to people is 'Don't just sit there watching TV, come and get involved'.”
You may also want to watch:
The official opening by Radio Norfolk presenter Wally Webb is at the Community Centre at noon on Sunday June 12. Proceeds will go towards a £23,000 rewiring fund appeal at St Mary's Church in the village.
Fifteen gardens will be involved, including an organic farmhouse garden, one designed to attract wildlife and informal cottage gardens.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 3 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 4 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 7 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 8 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 9 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 10 Dinomania tour heading to Norfolk with giant dinosaurs that move
Visitors can buy a wide variety of items, including hand-painted tiles, stoneware, garden ornaments, jewellery, stained glass, pictures and mirrors.
Refreshments - including afternoon teas served on the lawn in one of the gardens - will also be available and village pub the Squirrel's Drey is organising a hog roast.