15 village gardens near Swaffham to open
An open gardens day in Sporle, near Swaffham, is being held again this year, on Sunday June 12.
An open gardens day in Sporle, near Swaffham, is being held again this year.
Organiser Wendy Brown said: “When we did this last year, it was very much of a challenge and people have said that it wouldn't work two years on the trot.
“But I believe we can do just as well again - there is a lot going on in the village, with something happening all the time.
“So what we're saying to people is 'Don't just sit there watching TV, come and get involved'.”
The official opening by Radio Norfolk presenter Wally Webb is at the Community Centre at noon on Sunday June 12. Proceeds will go towards a £23,000 rewiring fund appeal at St Mary's Church in the village.
Fifteen gardens will be involved, including an organic farmhouse garden, one designed to attract wildlife and informal cottage gardens.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 5 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 6 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 7 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 8 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 9 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row
- 10 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
Visitors can buy a wide variety of items, including hand-painted tiles, stoneware, garden ornaments, jewellery, stained glass, pictures and mirrors.
Refreshments - including afternoon teas served on the lawn in one of the gardens - will also be available and village pub the Squirrel's Drey is organising a hog roast.