10 things to do in West Norfolk this weekend
- Credit: Matthew Usher
With the summer holidays in full swing, here are a selection of things to do in West Norfolk this weekend.
Wader Watch, RSPB Snettisham
Saturday, April 12, 8.30am
Prepare to be mesmerised as a large a flock of waders soar into the air at the Snettisham RSPB nature reserve.
Become a seal cadet at Hunstanton Sea Life Sanctuary
You may also want to watch:
July 22 - September 6, 10am-5pm
Learn what it takes to look after seals at the sanctuary and what happens at seal rescues with this family-friendly event.
- 1 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 2 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 3 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 4 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 5 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 6 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 7 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 8 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 9 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 10 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
Shoes! Exhibition, Lynn Museum
July 6 2017 - June 9 2018, 10am-5pm
An exhibition showcasing the changing style of footwear since the 13th century, featuring hand-beaded Victorian heels, white Go Go boots of the 1960s and Egypt-inspired shoes of the 1920s following the discovery of Tutankhamun's tomb by Swaffham-raised Howard Carter.
Summer holidays fun at Stow Bardolph Church Farm
July 24 - September 5, 10am-5pm
With a different animal-themed week planned for six weeks, the family can enjoy free prize quizzes, tractor rides and walks all through the summer. This week is poultry week.
Downham Market Water Festival
Sunday, August 13, 10am-5pm
Don't miss rowers paddling the relief channel in time with the drum in the dragon boat race. Now in its 11th year, the festival has attracted over 4,000 people in previous events, making it one of the biggest family festivals in the region.
Folk in the Town, King's Lynn
Saturday, August 12 - Sunday, August 13, 12pm-6pm
Folk in the Town returns for a second year, with two days of traditional folk, Americana and Blue Grass music, to get your toes tapping.
North End guided walk, King's Lynn
Saturday, August 12, 12pm
True's Yard Fisherfolk Museum is running a guided tour of the historic fisher's quarters of King's Lynn.
Art workshop, Hunstanton Heritage Gardens
Saturday, August 12 - Sunday, August 13, 10.30am-5pm
Be part of a three-year community art project by creating your own ceramic tile that will form a permanent part of the gardens.
Comedy Club, Hunstanton Heritage Gardens
Sunday, August 13, 6pm - 8.30pm
A perfect end to a day at the seaside, enjoy a free stand-up comedy show on the bandstand in The Green.
The Indians, Hunstanton Princess Theatre
Sunday, August 13, 7.30pm
The Irish showband is returning to Hunstanton with their unique blend of country music from the early 1970s.