10 things for families to enjoy for free this summer
- Credit: Archant
Community parks, attractions, coastal resorts and churches across Norfolk are hosting a variety of summer holiday activities for families and children. Here is a selection of 10 free activities taking place across the county.
1. Children and adults can enjoy a teddy bear's picnic at Whitlingham Park on August 16 from 11am-2pm. The event also includes crafts, activities and a teddy bear trail.
2. Children of all ages will be able to enjoy a traditional Punch and Judy puppet show at Hunstanton Heritage Gardens on August 8, 15, 27 and 29, from 1-3.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
3. BWell staff will be organising a selection of games, arts and crafts and a match of rounders on Gorleston Beach near Jay Jays cafe on August 11 from 11am-3pm.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 8 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 9 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
- 10 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
4. Families can enjoy traditional carnival fun currently running in Sheringham until August 6, and Wells until August 5. The Cromer Carnival runs from August 12-18.
5. Parents and children can have fun at the Hemsby Lifeboat Day, as well as learn about its important role, at the lifeboat station on Beach Road, on August 13, from 10am.
6. Nature lovers can learn about trees as well as admire outdoor sculptures within the 70-acre Catton Park. To download a trail map visit www.cattonpark.com
7. Boat enthusiasts will be able to enjoy the Cley Harbour Day at Cley Windmill on August 20, from 3pm. Events include a best dressed pirate competition for under 12s.
8. Youngsters will be able to get creative at the Crafty Little Angels event at St Nicholas' Chapel, King's Lynn. Events take place on August 8 and 10, from 11am-1pm.
9. Bandstand concerts will be happening in Eaton Park, Waterloo Park and Chapelfield Gardens on August 6, 13, 20 and 27, from 3-5pm.
10. Children and parents can join characters from classic books at the Castle Mall for its Kastle Kids Club - running until September 3. Visit www.castlemallnorwich.co.uk