10 of the best places to get a burger in Norfolk according to our readers
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
To celebrate National Burger Day, we asked our readers to share their favourite places to go for a burger in Norfolk. Here's a look at their suggestions...
• Gonzo's Tea Room, Norwich
Gonzo's is an eclectic little spot on London Street in Norwich, that serves as a bar, cocktail lounge, nightclub, coffee shop and burger joint. Their menu features a quirky selection of burgers including the Alan Partridge-inspired Alpha Papa, a 100pc Angus beef burger with all the fixings, the Dirty Gurty, a beef burger topped with peanut butter and jelly, sriracha hot sauce and bacon as well as the Grant Holt, a double stacked beast packed with beef, bacon, a fried egg, cheese and beetroot. They were suggested as the 'obvious answer' for the place to go by @flammableguy on Twitter.
• The Buck Inn on the green, Norwich
This riverside pub was recommended by Kieran Rudrum, who said they make 'a mean burger'. There are four different burger choices on their menu, including a traditional steak burger, a wild boar burger, JD honey BBQ chicken burger and a Portabella mushroom, red pepper and brie burger.
You may also want to watch:
• Yankee Traveller, Great Yarmouth
Twitter user @TheUsh reckons you just 'can't beat a chilli burger at the Yankee Traveller', according to them the dish is 'superb every time'. The restaurant's menu says there are 12 different burger options to choose from, so if chilli isn't your thing, you're bound to find something else to suit your taste buds.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 8 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 9 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 10 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
• Farmyard Restaurant, Norwich
Hannah Springham suggests burger fans head to Farmyard Restaurant on St Benedicts Street in Norwich for the best burgers. Their burger offering is served with Colman's mustard mayo and onion jam. Hannah added: 'I've heard a rumour that there will also be a venison burger appearing there very soon too.'
• Zaks, Various locations
Several of our followers on Twitter picked Zaks as their favourite place for a burger, including Phil Heaver. The American diner offers a wide range of chargrilled burgers including the Hogfather, a beef burger topped with pulled pork in either a hot BBQ or Tennessee sauce and the Zak 'N' Cheese, topped with macaroni cheese, bacon bits and paprika.
• The Mulberry Tree, Attleborough
EDP writer Jessica Long recommends the burgers at The Mulberry Tree in Attleborough. The fine dining restaurant and bar has several different topping options on their menu, including smoky bacon, camembert and spicy tomato relish and mushrooms in a garlic and cheese sauce. They also serve a griddled halloumi burger served with Mediterranean vegetables and fries.
• Yellows American Bar and Grill, Norwich
As well as suggesting The Buck Inn, Kieran Rudrum is also a big fan of Yellows at the Riverside in Norwich. The bar and grill prides itself on serving high quality, locally sourced ingredients. Their menu features five different types of burger including the Blue Cheese Bacon Burger, a Mexican Burger with ground beef chilli and guacamole and a spicy Jalapeño bean burger.
• Angie's Big Baps, A47 towards Dereham
Paul McCLuskey recommends visiting Angie's Big Baps, a food truck that can be found in the Easton layby on the A47 heading out of Norwich towards Dereham. They offer a range of hot and cold food including burgers, bacon rolls and full English breakfasts.
• The Norwich Cottage, Norwich
Both Mark Ashmore and @edge_of_summer on Twitter praised the burgers at The Norwich Cottage on Silver Road. The pub often runs a burger and craft beer deal for £10 on a Thursday from 5pm and offers burgers such as the Nashville hot, a crispy chicken thigh tossed in spicy buffalo sauce with lettuce, onions and a blue cheese sauce, as well as a range of classic beef burgers and toppings.
• The Fox, Lyng
Phil Heaver described the burgers at The Fox as 'lovely' and recommends others go try them. The pub's menu features four different burgers, including a classic beef burger, a Cajun chicken burger, falafel and halloumi burger and a vegetable, bean and brie burger.
• Where's your favourite place to go for a burger? Let us know in the comments below.