Do you remember these brilliant moments from Alan Partridge?
- Credit: Foster's
Jurassic Park! TV Editor Stacia Briggs picks 10 of Alan Partridge's finest moments as Norfolk's most impressive export after mustard celebrates 20 years on air.
1. Dan's a fantastic man! He really is. I was talking to him earlier and he asked me what kind of phone I had and I said a Motorola Timeport. And he said: 'that's sad – you want to upgrade.' I said: 'so do you, to a new face'. He nearly soiled himself! He said he was laughing so hard he had Kenco coming out of his nostrils and that made me laugh. But my nostrils were clear.
2. If you've just joined us, we're talking about who is the best lord. Lord of the Rings, of the Dance or of the Flies. Ok, the votes are closed, and clearly the Rings and the Flies have been roundly trounced by the quick feet of blouse-wearing tycoon Michael Flatley. Flately, my dear, I don't Riverdance.
3. Sunday Bloody Sunday. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car and you just think 'Sunday, bloody Sunday!'
4. Would it be terribly rude to stop listening to you and go and speak to somebody else?
You may also want to watch:
5. So you don't think I can tell anecdotes? I'll tell you an anecdote. In 1975, I was catching the London train from Crewe. I found myself in a rush for the one remaining seat with a good-looking man with collar-length hair. It was the 1970s. Buckaroo. When I sat down, I looked up and realized it was none other than Peter Purves. It was at the height of his Blue Peter fame. He said 'you jammy b*stard' and I replied, 'don't be blue, Peter.' Needless to say, I had the last laugh.
6. I know a cracking owl sanctuary.
- 1 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 2 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 3 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project
- 4 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 5 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 6 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 7 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 8 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 9 Shop worker receives complaints for asking customers to wear face masks
- 10 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
7. Alan: Ah, that's the best Valetine's Day I've had in eight years.
Jill: What did you do eight years ago?
Alan: Just had a better one.
Jill: What'd you do?
Alan: Went to Silverstone. Shook Jackie Stewart's hand. Superb. My marriage fell apart soon after that.
8. Now, self defence isn't just about punching someone repeatedly in the face until they're unconscious, is it?
9. Inner-city Sumo With Alan Partridge. We take fat people from the inner cities, put them in big nappies, and then get them to throw each other out of a circle that we draw with chalk on the ground. Very cheap to make. Do it in a pub car park.
10. 'Lynn, get rid of her. She's a drunk racist. I'll tolerate one, but not both.'
• What was your favourite Alan Partridge moment? Let us know in the comments below.