10 comedians who have graced the stage of Norwich’s Red Card Comedy Club
- Credit: PAUL JOHN BAYFIELD
Many of today's top comedians appeared at the Red Card Comedy Club on the road to stardom. As the Norwich club celebrates its 15th anniversary this week, arts correspondent Emma Knights looks at 10 stars who have graced its stage.
• Michael McIntyre is touring the globe with his Big World Tour and entertaining TV viewers with his BAFTA award-winning Michael Mcintyre's Big Show on BBC 1.
• Lee Nelson's 2017 live stand up tour Serious Joker is packing out venues across the country and is coming to Norwich Playhouse on November 29 and 30.
• Reginald D Hunter became a comedian after performing his first comedy set as a dare and is currently entertaining people with tour his Some People v. Reginald D. Hunter.
• Sarah Millican is doing an epic 129-date new tour - Sarah Millican: Control Enthusiast - in 2018 which stops off at Norwich Theatre Royal for a sold out show in March.
You may also want to watch:
• Micky Flanagan's current tour An' Another Fing... has sold more more than 600,000 tickets and looks set to be the biggest selling stand up show in the world this year.
• Milton Jones is a Mock the Week regular and the funnyman's latest tour Milton Jones is Out There is coming to Norwich Theatre Royal for a sold out show on November 5.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 4 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 5 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 6 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 9 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 10 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
• Nish Kumar hosts BBC2's comedy series The Mash Report and his latest live tour was Actions Speak Louder Than Words Unless You Shout The Words Real Loud.
• Terry Alderton has performed his comedy across the world and also appeared in the BBC show Eastenders as cab driver Terry Spraggan who swept Bianca Jackson off her feet.
• Ventriloquist Nina Conti has won a British Comedy Award, stormed Live at the Apollo and made a BAFTA nominated film, and is now touring her show Nina Conti: In Your Face.
• Russell Kane, winner of the prestigious Edinburgh Comedy Award, closed this year's Laugh in the Park and his most recent tour was Right Man, Wrong Age.
The Red Card Comedy Club's 15th birthday show is on Friday, October 27 at Carrow Road. It features comedians Jonny Awsum, Glenn Wool, and Tez Ilyas and compere John Mann. Doors 7pm, show 8.30pm. Tickets £12 (plus booking fee) - visit www.redcardcomedyclub.com