The Hamsters set to descend on Diss Corn Hall
Essex rockers The Hamsters will be gracing Diss for the very first time on Friday, May 20.
This also could well be their last visit as earlier this year they announced their retirement after 25 years of touring.
On May 20 at the Diss Corn Hall, they will be performing their popular ZZ Top and Jimi Hendrix show.
The guitar, bass and drums trio have long been established as one of our premier Blues-Rock attractions, having performed over 4,000 concerts in 24 years.
Although usually playing their own brand of rootsy Rock, Blues and Americana - they will be performing two sets of Jimi Hendrix songs. Guitarist/singer Slim has also just been featured in Guitarist magazine's 'Blues Guitar Heroes' book.
You may also want to watch:
April 1 1987 was the date of their first band rehearsal, and 1st April 2011 marks the start of their 25th year together. They have long discussed ending The Hamsters adventure at the completion of 25 years in order to pursue personal interests. Their last tour will be in March 2012.
The show will start from 8pm. Tickets are �15. Call the Corn Hall box office on 01379 652241.
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 4 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 8 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 9 Norfolk scams: Rogue gardeners and fake energy salespeople
- 10 Aldi to open 100 new stores with eyes on towns in Norfolk