That’ll Be The Day comes to Lowestoft’s Marina Theatre
- Credit: Archant
The rock 'n' roll variety show That'll Be The Day returns to the Marina Theatre on Sunday night from 7.30pm.
Just a few seats remain available for the production which features hits from the 1950s, 60s and 70s from bands and performers such as Queen and Bonnie Tyler.
The show also features comedy routines.
Now in its 27th year of touring, it is the longest running one-night touring show in the United Kingdom.
During its initial years, That'll Be The Day was a seasonal production performed during the holiday summer months soon becoming a weekly attraction in resorts.
You may also want to watch:
Gradually additional dates were added before a Christmas edition was performed in 1989.
Its popularity is such that it is now continually on tour, with more than 210 shows each year throughout the United Kingdom and in Europe, including in Denmark and Germany.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 3 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 6 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 7 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 8 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 9 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 10 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
That'll Be The Day continues to be written and produced by one of its main stars, Trevor Payne.
Today and tomorrow night sees The Lowestoft Players performing the musical Oliver!, which is based on the classic Charles Dickens novel.
It is the third time the Lowestoft Players have performed Oliver! and their latest production features nearly 50 local performers, including 20 children.
Tom Scoggins and Thomas Major play Oliver, the role of the pickpocket leader Fagin is played by John Marjoram, with Stephen Clark playing the evil Bill Sykes.
Oliver! is being performed at 7.30pm tonight and at 2.30pm and 7.30pm tomorrow.
For more information on the shows or to book seats, call the Marina's box office on 01502 533200.