Ten things to do in south Norfolk this weekend
- Credit: Archant copyright 2011
There is another busy weekend across south Norfolk coming up, with village shows, live music events and town market days galore. Here is a selection.
1. Wymondham's monthly farmers' market will take place in Market Place on Saturday from 9am to 1pm, with a wide range of produce from the region on offer.
2. There will be a famly fun day as part of the Great Ellingham Recreation Centre as part of the village's Teddy Bear Festival on Saturday from 11am to 3pm.
3. Wymondham Abbey will host the Amadeus Orchestra and Wymondham Choral Society on Saturday from 7.30pm, performing Handel's Alexander's Feast.
4. Angel Café on Fair Green, Diss will be raising money for refugee children with a tea, film and live music on Sunday, 4pm–7pm.
You may also want to watch:
5. Zoo Do is Banham Zoo's annual charity event on Saturday, 6pm–10.30pm. There will be a barbecue, live music, animal encounter sessions and much more.
6. Harleston Garage and Yard Sale will take place on Sunday 10am-2pm. Maps available from The Original Factory Shop and Mc Colls, Harleston.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 3 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 4 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 5 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 6 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 7 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 8 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit
- 9 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 10 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
7. New Buckingham hosts its village show at the village hall on Saturday from 2pm onwards, with cookery, handcrafts, plant sales, refreshments and much more.
8. Shelfhanger's annual fete is on Saturday 2pm–4pm. Entertainment will include 'guess the weight of the pig' and 'welly wanging'.
9. The He Hews will place a family concert at Wymondham's Baptist Church from 3pm on Sunday, as part of the Wymondham Music Festival.
10. Wreningham Beer Festival runs from Thursday (July 13) to Sunday. On tap will be ales and cider, plus fish and chips on Friday night and live music on Saturday.