Take a look inside Seaglass in Brancaster Staithe - on sale for £1.99m
Seaglass in Brancaster Staithe is a triumph of architecture, created using flint, brick and chalk which had to be hand-cut, a job which took a local craftsman three and a half months.
As its name implies, the house also boasts lots of glass in the form of a wall of glazing in the dining/family room looking out to the terrace and garden, a custom-built oak and glass staircase and a glass and chrome curved balcony overlooking the marshes.
The house was built by Fleur Developments, renowned for its Foundry Field homes in Burnham Market, with Joff Brooker designing the house and wife Juliette dressing it with style and glamour. It was built on a plot, probably the last one available in Brancaster Staithe, with an orchard at its rear and offers 4,500sqft of prime, gorgeous accommodation.
Set back from the road, there's a large gravel drive at the front and you enter into a delightful hallway off which, right is a large drawing room with a seating area which could be used as a separate reading space at the front and doors at the rear which open right up and back leading to a wide terrace and the garden beyond.
Juliette has taken some inspiration from high end London homes, with a Notting Hill feel, as well as reflecting the North Norfolk coast so there's an eclectic mix including some artwork with Geisha girls in various poses to large mirrors and a pair of grey sofas facing each other in front of a double sided fireplace. You also have a spiral staircase taking you to a mezzanine floor.
One of the selling points has to be the large open plan kitchen/breakfast room with a vaulted ceiling and again some very fashionable touches including mirror splashbacks boasting an 'iodised' patterned to look aged and interesting and the lime washed wooden floors give it, in contrast, a very contemporary feel.
You also have a beautiful cloakroom, a separate snug or it could be a downstairs bedroom or study on the ground floor with four bedrooms over two floors, two with en suite bathrooms. The master bedroom is simply gorgeous, dressed by Juliette with a large bed boasting a dark grey crushed velvet headboard and this has a splendid en suite - everything is so beautifully finished off in this house.
- 1 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 2 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 3 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 4 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 5 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 6 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 7 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 8 Obituary: Owner of huge collection of vintage tractors dies aged 75
- 9 New 4,000 home garden village idea criticised by countryside charity
- 10 Warning for drivers as Met Office issues ice warning across Norfolk
The doors are really chunky with contemporary handles and the dressing area has fitted wardrobes with dark wooden doors and leather handles. The second floor bedrooms are equally dramatic and boast velux balcony windows which open right out giving you panoramic views.
Outside you have that large limestone terrace and a south facing, 100ft long garden, with the apple trees and at the front a very large garage with remote controlled doors, which could be the perfect man cave.
• Seaglass is for sale for £1.99 million with Sowerbys on 01328 730340.