Take a look inside Seaglass in Brancaster Staithe - on sale for £1.99m
Seaglass in Brancaster Staithe is a triumph of architecture, created using flint, brick and chalk which had to be hand-cut, a job which took a local craftsman three and a half months.
As its name implies, the house also boasts lots of glass in the form of a wall of glazing in the dining/family room looking out to the terrace and garden, a custom-built oak and glass staircase and a glass and chrome curved balcony overlooking the marshes.
The house was built by Fleur Developments, renowned for its Foundry Field homes in Burnham Market, with Joff Brooker designing the house and wife Juliette dressing it with style and glamour. It was built on a plot, probably the last one available in Brancaster Staithe, with an orchard at its rear and offers 4,500sqft of prime, gorgeous accommodation.
Set back from the road, there's a large gravel drive at the front and you enter into a delightful hallway off which, right is a large drawing room with a seating area which could be used as a separate reading space at the front and doors at the rear which open right up and back leading to a wide terrace and the garden beyond.
Juliette has taken some inspiration from high end London homes, with a Notting Hill feel, as well as reflecting the North Norfolk coast so there's an eclectic mix including some artwork with Geisha girls in various poses to large mirrors and a pair of grey sofas facing each other in front of a double sided fireplace. You also have a spiral staircase taking you to a mezzanine floor.
You may also want to watch:
One of the selling points has to be the large open plan kitchen/breakfast room with a vaulted ceiling and again some very fashionable touches including mirror splashbacks boasting an 'iodised' patterned to look aged and interesting and the lime washed wooden floors give it, in contrast, a very contemporary feel.
You also have a beautiful cloakroom, a separate snug or it could be a downstairs bedroom or study on the ground floor with four bedrooms over two floors, two with en suite bathrooms. The master bedroom is simply gorgeous, dressed by Juliette with a large bed boasting a dark grey crushed velvet headboard and this has a splendid en suite - everything is so beautifully finished off in this house.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
The doors are really chunky with contemporary handles and the dressing area has fitted wardrobes with dark wooden doors and leather handles. The second floor bedrooms are equally dramatic and boast velux balcony windows which open right out giving you panoramic views.
Outside you have that large limestone terrace and a south facing, 100ft long garden, with the apple trees and at the front a very large garage with remote controlled doors, which could be the perfect man cave.
• Seaglass is for sale for £1.99 million with Sowerbys on 01328 730340.