Success for Norfolk wedding cake company
Business is rising for one cake baking couple who are celebrating a national award.
Stalham based Little Millie's team Nicki and Gary Sulter received a Silver Award at Cake International, one of the world's largest cake shows.
It's even better than last year's Bronze Award.
You may also want to watch:
Popular with couples planning their special day, they're also top of the list for wedding planners and Classic Team Lotus along with businesses such as Nando's and Mercy XS. They even baked the fifth birthday cake for our very own EDP Wedding Show.
'We specialize in creating bespoke cakes to order,' says Nicki.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 6 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home
- 7 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 8 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 9 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 10 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
'From large corporate occasions to stunning wedding cakes, we work closely with our customers to ensure a perfect looking and truly tasty creation,' she adds.
Flavours include salted caramel, moist chocolate red velvet, cappuccino coffee, lemon and poppy seed, and vanilla with champagne infused strawberries.
'We like a really good cake,' says Nicki, adding; 'Our recipes are all our own creations, tweaked and tested to perfection.'
It means cake consultation days, a chance to discuss wedding cakes and sample a selection of flavours, are very popular.
The couple launched Little Millie's soon after the birth of their daughter Millie - now three.
Since then they have introduced candy cart hire and moved to new premises with larger kitchens and catering equipment to keep up with demand.
Gary likes to bake the cakes, leaving Nicki to get creative with the designs. Nicki's designs have once again been recognized at one of the world's largest cake shows Cake International, where she won a Silver award this year and a bronze award last year.
And it's not just Gary and Nicki who keep busy; Millie often sits alongside her mum with a little board and rolling pin making her own creations.
'This year's wedding season is busier than ever, we have worked alongside many brides and grooms-to-be to design some stunning cakes that we can't wait to create,' says Nicki.
What are your cake plans? We'd love to hear. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org