Success for Norfolk wedding cake company
Business is rising for one cake baking couple who are celebrating a national award.
Stalham based Little Millie's team Nicki and Gary Sulter received a Silver Award at Cake International, one of the world's largest cake shows.
It's even better than last year's Bronze Award.
You may also want to watch:
Popular with couples planning their special day, they're also top of the list for wedding planners and Classic Team Lotus along with businesses such as Nando's and Mercy XS. They even baked the fifth birthday cake for our very own EDP Wedding Show.
'We specialize in creating bespoke cakes to order,' says Nicki.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 7 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 8 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 9 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 10 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
'From large corporate occasions to stunning wedding cakes, we work closely with our customers to ensure a perfect looking and truly tasty creation,' she adds.
Flavours include salted caramel, moist chocolate red velvet, cappuccino coffee, lemon and poppy seed, and vanilla with champagne infused strawberries.
'We like a really good cake,' says Nicki, adding; 'Our recipes are all our own creations, tweaked and tested to perfection.'
It means cake consultation days, a chance to discuss wedding cakes and sample a selection of flavours, are very popular.
The couple launched Little Millie's soon after the birth of their daughter Millie - now three.
Since then they have introduced candy cart hire and moved to new premises with larger kitchens and catering equipment to keep up with demand.
Gary likes to bake the cakes, leaving Nicki to get creative with the designs. Nicki's designs have once again been recognized at one of the world's largest cake shows Cake International, where she won a Silver award this year and a bronze award last year.
And it's not just Gary and Nicki who keep busy; Millie often sits alongside her mum with a little board and rolling pin making her own creations.
'This year's wedding season is busier than ever, we have worked alongside many brides and grooms-to-be to design some stunning cakes that we can't wait to create,' says Nicki.
What are your cake plans? We'd love to hear. Please email email@example.com