‘Stuart Atkinson – Landscapes’ exhibition in Diss
'Stuart Atkinson – Landscapes' is a free exhibition being held at Diss Corn Hall Gallery from October 2-20, open Monday-Saturday, 11am-4pm.
'When capturing the atmosphere and light of East Anglia, I also endeavour to convey the love I have for this unique part of the country,' said Mr Atkinson.
'I am drawn to so many aspects of this special area – the high wide sky, the land, estuaries, sea, sand dunes, heathland and meadows. They are ever-changing and I try to capture the moment.
'My paintings are not formulaic. They come spontaneously, driven by heat, shadow, cloud, feeling. I paint them because they ask to be painted.'
An evening viewing with the artist will take place on Wednesday, October 3, 6-7.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
For further information, visit www.atkinsonpaintings.co.uk
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules