‘Stuart Atkinson – Landscapes’ exhibition in Diss
'Stuart Atkinson – Landscapes' is a free exhibition being held at Diss Corn Hall Gallery from October 2-20, open Monday-Saturday, 11am-4pm.
'When capturing the atmosphere and light of East Anglia, I also endeavour to convey the love I have for this unique part of the country,' said Mr Atkinson.
'I am drawn to so many aspects of this special area – the high wide sky, the land, estuaries, sea, sand dunes, heathland and meadows. They are ever-changing and I try to capture the moment.
'My paintings are not formulaic. They come spontaneously, driven by heat, shadow, cloud, feeling. I paint them because they ask to be painted.'
An evening viewing with the artist will take place on Wednesday, October 3, 6-7.45pm.
You may also want to watch:
For further information, visit www.atkinsonpaintings.co.uk
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 3 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 4 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 5 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 6 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 7 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 8 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 9 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 10 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital