Strictly Come Dancing 2016: Ed Balls survives another week as Laura Whitmore is sent packing
- Credit: BBC
Ed Balls is sailing through to the next round of Strictly Come Dancing having managed to avoid the dreaded dance-off once more.
The former Shadow Chancellor impressed the judges with his slapstick quickstep which he performed to The Beatles' Help!
Last night Ed and his partner Katya Jones amassed an impressive 27 points, their best score of the series, for their Laurel and Hardy-inspired routine.
'When you travelled, the lightness in your feet… that was not what I was expecting!' said judge Darcey Bussell.
Bruno Tonioli even went as far as to say the dance was a 'recognisable quickstep'.
You may also want to watch:
'I can't believe I'm actually saying this. You're actually improving – it was brilliant to see,' he added.
Sadly Laura Whitmore's time on the BBC ballroom dancing show came to an end this evening after she lost out to Ore Oduba at the final hurdle.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 6 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 7 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 8 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms
- 9 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 10 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
Laura and her dance partner Giovanni Pernice failed to impress the public with their Samba, whhich saw the pair fall out of sync on last night's show.