Strictly Come Dancing 2016: Ed Balls survives another week as Laura Whitmore is sent packing
- Credit: BBC
Ed Balls is sailing through to the next round of Strictly Come Dancing having managed to avoid the dreaded dance-off once more.
The former Shadow Chancellor impressed the judges with his slapstick quickstep which he performed to The Beatles' Help!
Last night Ed and his partner Katya Jones amassed an impressive 27 points, their best score of the series, for their Laurel and Hardy-inspired routine.
'When you travelled, the lightness in your feet… that was not what I was expecting!' said judge Darcey Bussell.
Bruno Tonioli even went as far as to say the dance was a 'recognisable quickstep'.
You may also want to watch:
'I can't believe I'm actually saying this. You're actually improving – it was brilliant to see,' he added.
Sadly Laura Whitmore's time on the BBC ballroom dancing show came to an end this evening after she lost out to Ore Oduba at the final hurdle.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 6 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Plea for farmers to engage with public over footpath fears
- 10 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
Laura and her dance partner Giovanni Pernice failed to impress the public with their Samba, whhich saw the pair fall out of sync on last night's show.