Step back to days of vintage glory at Hethersett fun day
- Credit: Archant
Step back to days of vintage glory at village fun day
The music, fun and games of the 1940s are set to make a return at a fun day planned to benefit a good causes around a south Norfolk village.
Woodcote sheltered housing, in Firs Road, Hethersett, is planning to hold the event on July 8 from 11.30am.
The fun day will feature live music from the 1940s by Kitty Collins, vintage military vehicles and stalls reflecting the age.
There will also be food, drink and games for young and old.
You may also want to watch:
Proceeds will go to Hethersett Dementia Support, Hethersett Surgery and the Woodcote Social Club.
Organisers are hoping the fun day will be as popular as a similar event held last year.
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 3 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 4 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 5 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 6 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 7 Woman in 70s knocked over by cyclist at bus station
- 8 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
- 9 Norwich man found guilty of 33-year-old's murder
- 10 Home baker opens first shop after business 'snowballed' in lockdown
Entry to the event is free, and organisers are hoping as many visitors as possible will dress up in clothes from the era.
n On May 25 at 2.15pm, Hethersett Library will show a film on wartime and postwar Norwich from the East Anglian Film Archive.