Status Quo to perform at Thetford Forest this summer
Legendary rock band Status Quo will perform at Thetford Forest in June.
Known for numerous hits including Caroline, Rockin' All Over the World, and Whatever You Want, the concert will be the band's only East Anglian date and form part of a series of gigs at the forest.
Status Quo duo Francis Rossi and Rick Parfitt have been awarded OBEs for services to music and for charitable work, as well as a cabinet full of music industry accolades.
Mr Rossi said: 'Forestry Commission Live Music is a fantastic annual event that has become a statutory part of the UK's live music calendar. We love to bag a trip to the woods each year.
'We are pleased to make Thetford part of our touring plans for 2011 particularly as we had a great gig performing to a capacity crowd last time we were there.'
You may also want to watch:
The announcement follows the confirmation that 1980s supergroup Simple Minds will perform at the forest on June 11, and Synth-pop pioneers Erasure on June 10.
Status Quo will perform at the forest on June 9. Tickets will go on sale on Friday at 9am and cost �34. For tickets call the Forestry Commission box office on 03000 680400, or visit www.forestry.gov.uk/music.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 7 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 10 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project