Start reminiscing today with Norwich Remembers
- Credit: Archant
Norwich Remembers is a Facebook group for a community that cares about our city's colourful history and charming past.
The group – in association with Norwich Evening News – is for everyone that wants to share and enjoy old photographs of Norwich.
From 1940s shop fronts and old cobbled streets to school photos from the 70s, 80s and 90s - we want to remember them all.
We're desperate for you to root around and share your UEA graduations pics, photos taken at the old Norfolk and Norwich Hospital, your snaps from the Norwich Beer Festival way back when and everything in between.
Do you remember queuing for the Cannon cinema? Did you play at Eaton Park or Castle Meadow as a child? Maybe you were fond of moseying around the old Norwich Market or perhaps you and your family turned out to watch the Lord Mayor Procession every year. Let us know!
We'll be sharing photographs from the Evening News archives every single day, as well as offering up weekly challenges to our members, and we'd love to see and hear all about your memories, too. Join us on Facebook today!
You may also want to watch:
And don't forget about our 12-page heritage supplement, 'Norwich Through The Decades', which can be found in the Evening News every Tuesday.
- 1 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 2 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 5 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 6 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 7 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 8 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 9 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 10 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk