Spring art exhibition at Wymondham’s Becket’s Chapel
More than 100 pieces of artwork will go on display at Wymondham Arts Centre next week as it launches its Spring Open Show.
Local professional, student and amateur artists were invited to submit their work for the exhibition which opens on Wednesday.
Those going on display, which are all available to buy, cover a range of subjects in various media, including paintings, ceramics, textiles, photographs and digitally generated images.
A prize draw will also take place where visitors will have the chance to take home a small original piece of art.
Arthur Lucas, Arts Centre project leader, said: 'We have had a brilliant response to our call for artists for this year's Spring Show.
You may also want to watch:
Over half of the 41 artists who made submissions are new to the gallery, more than making up for some regulars who are having joint shows of their own this year.
'This exciting mixed exhibition caters for both traditional and contemporary tastes.'
- 1 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 2 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 3 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 4 First look as Norwich's new £2.75m recycling centre opens
- 5 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 6 Reader letter: How Roy Hodgson can save Norwich City
- 7 Woman in 70s knocked over by cyclist at bus station
- 8 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
- 9 Norwich man found guilty of 33-year-old's murder
- 10 Home baker opens first shop after business 'snowballed' in lockdown
The Spring Open Show will run in Becket's Chapel, Church Street, from Wednesday to April 24.
The centre is open Mondays to Fridays between 10am and 5pm, and on Sundays between midday and 5pm.
Admission is free.
A full programme of exhibitions is due to run at the centre until November.
For more information, visit www.wymondhamarts.com