Youngsters prevail despite club first for seniors
The annual match between the senior section and juniors at Middleton Hall went the way of the youngsters.
Seniors captain Alan Horner put out a strong team which included two of the clubs Barnard Cup players, Chris Moore and Tim Boldero.
This, however, did not give them the advantage they hoped as the youngsters in the junior team took control and earned a 4-2 win.
Horner said: 'We have tried hard this year and, in fact, done better than last year when we lost without winning a single game.'
He also said how proud Middleton Hall Golf Club are of the junior section.
You may also want to watch:
'Junior organiser Chris Woolley does a great job and is totally committed to the development of junior golf in the club,' added Horner.
History was made in this match. It was the first time senior ladies played in a seniors' match.
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 7 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 8 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 9 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 10 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
Brenda Boldero and Carol Beba were the ladies involved and both said they were delighted to play in the match and how enjoyable it had been.