Youngsters earn Wymondham Judo Club judo honours and get tips from martial arts master
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters have had a martial arts master class from an expert at the Wymondham Judo Club.
Dave Horton-Jones, British Judo Association gradings manager and 7th dan black belt, presented 41 youngsters with certificates and belts following a grading session.
Mr Horton-Jones then taught the group some new ground-fighting techniques.
Andrew Gadsby, the group's coach, said he was delighted with the results of the grading. He said: 'I was very pleased and proud of all those who graded, and the numbers involved reflect the hard work by players, coaches and officials.'
The participants aged from six to 16, and they had been working towards their grading for between six months and a year.
You may also want to watch:
During the grading, the children have to demonstrate throws and holds of increasing difficulty. They also need to be able to demonstrate judo etiquette and know some Japanese terminology.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 3 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 4 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 5 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 6 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 7 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 8 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 9 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 10 A47 closed in both directions after crash