Youngsters earn Wymondham Judo Club judo honours and get tips from martial arts master
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters have had a martial arts master class from an expert at the Wymondham Judo Club.
Dave Horton-Jones, British Judo Association gradings manager and 7th dan black belt, presented 41 youngsters with certificates and belts following a grading session.
Mr Horton-Jones then taught the group some new ground-fighting techniques.
Andrew Gadsby, the group's coach, said he was delighted with the results of the grading. He said: 'I was very pleased and proud of all those who graded, and the numbers involved reflect the hard work by players, coaches and officials.'
The participants aged from six to 16, and they had been working towards their grading for between six months and a year.
You may also want to watch:
During the grading, the children have to demonstrate throws and holds of increasing difficulty. They also need to be able to demonstrate judo etiquette and know some Japanese terminology.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer