Young Stars meeting postponed as more rain forecast
King's Lynn Young Stars' clash with Kent at the Adrian Flux Arena on Wednesday night has been postponed.
An early decision has been made to minimise inconvenience after heavy rain and an ongoing poor weather forecast.
The Young Stars saw their tough start to the season continue as they went down 64-26 at Kent on Monday.
The depleted Norfolk outfit were well beaten and were condemned to their fifth straight defeat of the National League season.
They remain on the lookout for their first win of the campaign – and team boss Scott Campos admitted it was another frustrating night at Central Park.
You may also want to watch:
Said Campos: 'It certainly hasn't been an easy start to the season by any stretch of the imagination.
'It was another tough one last night, and we just don't seem to be having any luck. This time we lost Chris Widman who was guesting after a crash and we were back down to five riders.
- 1 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 4 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 5 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 6 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 7 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 8 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 9 'Business as usual' as shopping mall enters administration
- 10 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
'It's difficult, especially when we've got so many youngsters in the team. They're all trying and I can't knock them, but it's a strong league and it's not been easy so far.'
Number one Josh Bailey battled hard for a double figure return, whilst Ryan Kinsley also recorded a creditable eight-point haul.
But they received little support as the visitors ran 14 last places and claimed just one race win.
Kent 64: Luke Bowen 15, Ben Hopwood 14+1, Nathan Stoneman 10+1, Anders Rowe 7+3, Jack Thomas 7+2, Luke Clifton 6, Bradley Andrews 5+1.
King's Lynn 26: Josh Bailey 10, Ryan Kinsley 8, Lewis Whitmore 3+1, Taylor Hampshire 3, Chris Widman 2+1, Connor Locke 0, Scott Campos R/R.