Young Stars chief upbeat ahead of trip to Kent
- Credit: Ian Burt
King's Lynn Young Stars boss Scott Campos remains upbeat ahead of their trip to Kent tonight (6.30pm).
The Young Stars have endured a torrid start to their National League campaign – not only have they been plagued by injuries and retirements, but they have also lost all four of their opening fixtures.
But Campos says his side can take positives out of their first-half performance against champions Birmingham last week.
Said Campos: 'They may have beaten us pretty comfortably in the end (56-34) but we were proud of how we started that meeting. Many people had written us off before the start but we went out there and kept them close in the early part of the meeting. Those are the sorts of things we have to focus on through these far from ideal times but this was always a side that was built to improve as the season goes on.'
Isle of Wight racer Chris Widman will once again guest for injured skipper Danny Phillips.
You may also want to watch:
Kent: Luke Bowen, Luke Clifton, Ben Hopwood, Jack Thomas, Nathan Stoneman, Bradley Andrews, Anders Rowe.
King's Lynn: Josh Bailey, Lewis Whitmore, Scott Campos R/R, Chris Widman, Ryan Kinsley, Connor Locke, Taylor Hampshire.
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 5 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 6 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 7 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 8 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 9 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 10 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000