Young ones take chance
Magpies' men widened the gap between themselves and Chelmsford at the bottom of the National Conference East with a fine 3-2 home win over the Essex team last weekend.
Magpies' men widened the gap between themselves and Chelmsford at the bottom of the National Conference East with a fine 3-2 home win over the Essex team last weekend. While the experienced players provided stability during difficult periods it was the young players who took the eye. Craig Snelling deputised for Stuart Leate during a period of injury, up front Simon Hipwell, Ben Wright and Duncan Graves worked well showing some fine touches. Man of the match Gareth Furlong defended well and put on a fine display going forwards.
On Sunday Magpies visit Bromley and Beckenham, who lost to Indian Gymnkhana on Sunday. The Kent side need the points to stop themselves being dragged into a relegation fight. A win for Magpies would open an eight point gap from Bromley and possibly take the Norfolk team into a play off position. Mark Wheelhouse returns to the Magpies squad at the exclusion of Snelling. Neil Toulson is unavailable and Richard Ling takes his place.
Harleston squad, from: Richard Harms, John Livings, Gareth Furlong, David Ling, Leigh Sitch, Stuart Leate, Richard Gill, Pete Bale, Andy Hipwell, Tristan Baynes, Duncan Graves, James Fanger, Simon Hipwell, Ben Wright, Richard Ling, Mark Wheelhouse.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 4 Town left at standstill after level crossing failure
- 5 Chef Galton Blackiston closes fish and chip shop during week
- 6 Brothers take wedding bookings for 2022 after finishing barn project
- 7 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
- 8 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 9 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 10 Seven lockdown rules that could change