Young Fury set to make pro debut on Norwich bill
- Credit: PA
Tyson Fury will be at ringside in Norwich on Friday night as another member of his family takes his first steps on the professional boxing path.
Young Fury is a surprise late bonus on the Nelson's Warriors fight night bill at Epic Studios in Magdalen Street.
He follows older brother Tyson, who is currently cutting a swathe through the domestic heavyweight ranks, and cousin Hughie, who has already fought in the city.
Mervyn Turner, the man behind Shamrock Promotions, which works alongside Norwich trainer Graham Everett in staging the series of fight nights in the city, says he is expecting 'a full turnout from Team Fury'.
'Young Fury has been in training camp with Tyson and Hughie Fury as well as Dave Allen and Fast Eddie Chambers for the past six months in preparation for his debut, which should have been three weeks ago but got called off at the last moment when there was a problem with his opponent,' said Turner.
You may also want to watch:
'That was very disappointing for the young man, who only turned 18 in May this year, but it is behind him now as he prepares to make his bow in front of Norwich boxing fans, who are in for a real treat, not only with his debut performance but with the attendance of Team Fury.'
Top of the bill on Friday is Norwich heavyweight Sam Sexton, who has been pencilled in for a British title eliminator against Gary Cornish later this year – when the winner could face Tyson Fury.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 3 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer
Tyson is currently preparing for a Battle of Britain clash with Dereck Chisora in a British, European titles and WBO world title eliminator in Manchester next month – that bill also features Cromer boxer Liam Walsh.