Young Fury set to make pro debut on Norwich bill
- Credit: PA
Tyson Fury will be at ringside in Norwich on Friday night as another member of his family takes his first steps on the professional boxing path.
Young Fury is a surprise late bonus on the Nelson's Warriors fight night bill at Epic Studios in Magdalen Street.
He follows older brother Tyson, who is currently cutting a swathe through the domestic heavyweight ranks, and cousin Hughie, who has already fought in the city.
Mervyn Turner, the man behind Shamrock Promotions, which works alongside Norwich trainer Graham Everett in staging the series of fight nights in the city, says he is expecting 'a full turnout from Team Fury'.
'Young Fury has been in training camp with Tyson and Hughie Fury as well as Dave Allen and Fast Eddie Chambers for the past six months in preparation for his debut, which should have been three weeks ago but got called off at the last moment when there was a problem with his opponent,' said Turner.
You may also want to watch:
'That was very disappointing for the young man, who only turned 18 in May this year, but it is behind him now as he prepares to make his bow in front of Norwich boxing fans, who are in for a real treat, not only with his debut performance but with the attendance of Team Fury.'
Top of the bill on Friday is Norwich heavyweight Sam Sexton, who has been pencilled in for a British title eliminator against Gary Cornish later this year – when the winner could face Tyson Fury.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 5 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 9 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 10 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
Tyson is currently preparing for a Battle of Britain clash with Dereck Chisora in a British, European titles and WBO world title eliminator in Manchester next month – that bill also features Cromer boxer Liam Walsh.