Young fires opening day century for Terrington
West Norfolk Cricket League round-up
Jason Young's stunning 160no gave Terrington the perfect start to the season with a 105-run win at The Creakes in Division One.
Robin Tuck claimed four for 53 for the hosts, while Adam Hodgson (four for 23) was Terrington's star bowler.
Perry Dawson's 135no was in vain as Springwood lost by 43 runs at Bircham, with Will Pillinger (77) and John King (74no) on form for the hosts.
Lloyd Richmond (four for 24) and Joe Peveritt (four for 27) bowled Sandringham to a 38-run win at Snettisham, despite 58 from L Carlton.
Champions Grimston were unable to field a team against Swanton Morley, while Hayley East Anglia beat Denver by 51 runs.
In Division Two, Paul King (81) and E Rye (five for 34) helped Narborough A beat Fakenham A by 22 runs. Yin Lo took five for 63 and Martin Wall hit 55 for Fakenham.
- 1 'I'm sorry' - Woman behind cancelled festival offers customers £100,000
- 2 Can you spot yourself in the Classic Ibiza crowd at Blickling?
- 3 Four taken to hospital after crash involving ambulance on A146
- 4 Norfolk man's relatable videos earn him millions of views and celeb fans
- 5 9 West End shows heading to Norwich in 2023
- 6 New tenant bid for former Argos store on retail park
- 7 Met Office to build 80ft 'golf ball' weather radar after winning appeal
- 8 Congestion eases after crash on outskirts of Norwich by A47 junction
- 9 7 riverside walks to try in Norfolk with a pub pit stop
- 10 Brick and flint north Norfolk cottage a stone's throw from the beach on sale for £650k
Gary Hooker's 93no set up Downham B's 80-run victory against Gooderstone.
Northwold's David English destroyed Castle Acre with figures of six for 21 in a six-wicket success.
Long Sutton marked their return to the league with a 55-run win at home to Hospital. Kevin Fisher took four for 34 for the visitors, and their response was going well at 81 for four. But then Paul Edgeller's spell of five for nine led to an incredible Hospital batting collapse and they were all out for 86.
Half-centuries for Andrew Jarvis (51) and Daniel Fuller (77no) and fine bowling from Seb Taylor (four for 23) handed Hillington A a 108-run win at Mundford A in Division Three.
Beeston's Clive Parke took four for 20 to bowl Holt out cheaply and set up a five-wicket triumph for his side.
Thornham A beat Swaffham A by six wickets.
Bowler of the day was Beetley's David Hoare, who took six for 14 in an eight-wicket win over Castle Acre A in Division Four.
Gayton's Eugene Ellis fired 51 in a losing cause against Fakenham B, who won by five wickets.
James Spinks took four for 12 as Necton A rolled out Dersingham A cheaply to win by seven wickets.
In Division Five, Paul Ingram's 128 provided the base for Downham C's 157-run win at Gooderstone A. Samuel Morgan (four for 40) and David Lane (four for 62) were the hosts' best bowlers.
Jason Carter starred with bat and ball for Heacham A, hitting 78no and taking four for 10 in a 96-run win at Northwold A.
A low scoring match at Denver A saw Dereham B bowled out for a low score by Jack Linford (five for 21). Dereham hit back through Ryan Widdows (four for 35) and Liam O'Callaghan (four for 24) but Denver scraped home by two wickets.