Young racing driver shines on national debut
- Credit: Archant
A racing kart driver from Dereham has impressed on his first weekend competing with a national license.
14-year-old Josh Vallance took part in his first race weekend as a National B License holder and finished 2nd in the Whilton Mill - Junior Rotax Championship 2019.
Before the final, he had finished 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the heats and started the final in pole position against other, more experienced national racers.
His last weekend as a novice was also a huge success, finishing 8th in the PF International Race Circuit final meaning he was awarded with the top novice trophy.
A sponsorship deal was agreed last year with Burland Technology Solutions Ltd, who are supporting him in his racing career.
You may also want to watch:
He is now preparing for his next weekend racing as a national license holder.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham