Yetton Plate joy for ladies over rivals
Norfolk IBC met Wymondham Dell IBC in the Yetton Plate sub zone final and were level at five ends, 10 up at 10 ends, and never lost the lead, thereafter.
Each side won a game at home and lost one, but the Norfolk club managed to get a few more shots to take the game 82-75.
At the Norfolk Club Louise Knights, Anne Read, Laurie Millbank and Joyce Webster started off with a six on the first end against Helen Spinks, Rosemary Newell, Cynthia Lansdell and Sandra Wright.
They were 14 in front by 17 ends but a brave fight back by their opposition managed to reduce the deficit to nine, enabling the Norfolk side to return a 21-12 card.
Pat Horstead, Jackie Andrews, Judith Phillips and Valerie Whitehead had their work cut out against Shirley Flood's team of Wendy Bryant, Rita Culver and Barbara Parker.
You may also want to watch:
The Dell girls never looked like losing and the superb Norfolk four went down 23-16.
At Wymondham Dell Brenda Whitehead led her team of Jenny Moore, Ros Sutherland and Kay Carrick to another high score, beating Phyllis Clarke, Joan Newby, Sheila Watson and Muriel Harvey 31 13.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Man seriously injured after crash
- 3 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 4 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 5 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 6 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 7 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 8 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 9 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 10 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
Ann Dowe, Monica Seaman, Linda Bennett and Liz Sabberton struggled against Jean Webb, Sue Groombridge, Edie Tye and Marjorie Carpenter.
In the second half of the game they took four shots to their opponents' 15 and lost 14-27.
They now play the winner of the game between Diss, who beat County Arts 89-66, and Acle who beat Shotford 89-62.
It looks set to be an excellent match whoever comes through.