Yarmouth half-marathon date
THE 21st Great Yarmouth Road Runners' Adnams Half Marathon is on Sunday, August 14, bringing in runners from all over the UK and even some from abroad.
Entries can be made online at www.gyrr.co.uk, closing date August 12.
The race HQ is at Gorleston FC's Emerald Park on Wood Farm Lane and organisers say they appreciate their support as well as the Ormiston Venture Academy for parking facilities.
The route is of two laps taking in the villages of Browston, Lound and Flixton. Water stations are provided. The distance is accurately measured and timed for all entrants.
As well as the prize list, every finisher will get both a T-shirt and a well-filled goody bag.
You may also want to watch:
Just like last year, Adnams Brewery are supplying every runner with a bottle from the range of Adnams Beers and many will win one of their spot prizes.
An additional sponsor this year is Pasquier Brioche and they are swelling the goody bags with a sample Pitch Chocolate Brioche and a drinks bottle for every runner.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 7 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown
- 10 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
Medical support is supplied by St John Ambulance.
Runners' feedback after last year's event was most encouraging, with many compliments from amongst the 300-plus participants.