Wymondham pip Crusaders in thrilling derby clash
- Credit: Archant
Wymondham completed the double over their neighbours thanks to a late try from Jamie Hunter.
It was the hosts who made the better start in front of a good sized crowd, going ahead with an early try from Rob Loone.
Wymondham hit back when a maul split following a good line-out catch, and returning old head Lee Summers managed to crash over.
Crusaders got their noses in front again through Ryan Harrison – but again there was a response as winger James Swinbourne completed a good move to score.
The second half began with all to play for and Wymondham went ahead when second row Josh Wright made a blinding dart off the back of a maul and stretched out to place the ball over the line.
You may also want to watch:
Again Crusaders replied to score in the corner through Loone, but with six minutes remaining the visiting backs were given good ball for full-back Hunter to score in the corner. Now one point behind, Crusaders kept pressing, but there was no way through.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 10 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country