Wymondham win 36-22 at Woodbridge to consolidate second place
- Credit: Nick Webser
Wymondham travelled to Woodbridge and consolidated second position in the league with a 36-22 win.
After going behind early on the Red and Blacks hit back before the break with tries from David Blake and Josh Cousins, with Charley Delaney adding a couple of conversions and a penalty.
Delaney nipped over to stretch the lead with a try he converted himself and although Woodbridge scored again after an injury to James Boggan, runs from Ethan Holmwood, Josh Wright and Luke Beales secured good ball for Delaney to step over for another converted score.
The rampaging forwards got more points for their solid efforts when young Ethan Holmwood scored in the corner. Woodbridge had the final say but the win had been secured.
Fakenham were beaten 28-12 by visitors Ely in a match that provided plenty of entertainment for a good-sized crowd.
You may also want to watch:
Tom Bane-Young scored both of the hosts' tries, with Lloyd Marshall converting the second one which came when Ely were 28-5 ahead, while Luke Taylor, making his debut a scrum-half, was man of the match.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Man seriously injured after crash
- 3 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 4 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 5 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 6 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 7 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 8 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 9 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 10 Minke whale washes up on beach