Wymondham win 36-22 at Woodbridge to consolidate second place
- Credit: Nick Webser
Wymondham travelled to Woodbridge and consolidated second position in the league with a 36-22 win.
After going behind early on the Red and Blacks hit back before the break with tries from David Blake and Josh Cousins, with Charley Delaney adding a couple of conversions and a penalty.
Delaney nipped over to stretch the lead with a try he converted himself and although Woodbridge scored again after an injury to James Boggan, runs from Ethan Holmwood, Josh Wright and Luke Beales secured good ball for Delaney to step over for another converted score.
The rampaging forwards got more points for their solid efforts when young Ethan Holmwood scored in the corner. Woodbridge had the final say but the win had been secured.
Fakenham were beaten 28-12 by visitors Ely in a match that provided plenty of entertainment for a good-sized crowd.
You may also want to watch:
Tom Bane-Young scored both of the hosts' tries, with Lloyd Marshall converting the second one which came when Ely were 28-5 ahead, while Luke Taylor, making his debut a scrum-half, was man of the match.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 4 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 10 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen