Wymondham 65 Fakenham 5: Red & Blacks turn on the style at Barnard Fields
- Credit: Archant
Wymondham ran in eight tries to record their sixth win in eight games and keep the pressure on leaders Holt.
In the second game to be played at the club's new Barnard Fields ground the Red and Blacks produced a strong performance, with the forwards completely dominating the scrum.
Big breaks were made by Tom Baxter, David Blake, Ethan Holmwood and Josh Wright while the defence from the backs was also impressive.
The team made good decisions in penalty kicking and attack and were far too strong for a Fakenham side who were on the back foot for the vast majority of the game.
Tom Midgeley scored three tries for Wymondham while Holmwood, Luke Beales, Josh Cousens, Wright and Blake also touched down as they consolidated second position in the table.
You may also want to watch:
Down the road at Little Melton improving Crusaders also had an excellent win, beating West Norfolk 41-19. Wisbech are now fourth after thrashing visitors Ipswich YM 71-0.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 5 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 6 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 7 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 8 City confirm midfielder exit
- 9 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 10 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children