Wymondham give leaders a good game before being overhauled
- Credit: Archant
Wymondham turned in an excellent performance against the leaders and were leading with 20 minutes to go before being overhauled.
The Red and Blacks went into the game with a depleted team due to injury, with the likes of Matt Goodwin, Liam Browning and Josh Wright missing from the second row.
They let in a soft try early on before Alex Wigney was stopped short. Stowmarket then gave away four penalties and a good line-out saw the ball moved to the backs for Andy Mackay to score in the corner. A strong Wymondham scrum then saw David Blake pick up and score in the corner.
After 15 minutes of even play in the second half Wigney sold a dummy to score in the corner before Stowmarket replied with a try.
The visitors added to their score with a try in the corner after Wymondham had been penalised for back chat but the hosts can feel proud of a strong performance against a top side.
You may also want to watch:
The Lacons Brewery MOTM award went to David Blake.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 3 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 4 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 5 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 6 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 7 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 8 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 9 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit
- 10 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow