Wymondham give leaders a good game before being overhauled
- Credit: Archant
Wymondham turned in an excellent performance against the leaders and were leading with 20 minutes to go before being overhauled.
The Red and Blacks went into the game with a depleted team due to injury, with the likes of Matt Goodwin, Liam Browning and Josh Wright missing from the second row.
They let in a soft try early on before Alex Wigney was stopped short. Stowmarket then gave away four penalties and a good line-out saw the ball moved to the backs for Andy Mackay to score in the corner. A strong Wymondham scrum then saw David Blake pick up and score in the corner.
After 15 minutes of even play in the second half Wigney sold a dummy to score in the corner before Stowmarket replied with a try.
The visitors added to their score with a try in the corner after Wymondham had been penalised for back chat but the hosts can feel proud of a strong performance against a top side.
You may also want to watch:
The Lacons Brewery MOTM award went to David Blake.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 3 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 6 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 7 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 8 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 9 54-home plan delayed due to 'nightmare' traffic concerns
- 10 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms