Wymondham march on after easy victory over Connaught in league
- Credit: Archant
The Wymondham bandwagon rolled on as they won 9-1 at home to Connaught A in the Breckland League.
Roger Steele, Mark Linsdell and Chris Mann beat Owen Secker's triple 30-12 while Hayley Stratton, Brian Saunders and Jack Pye beat Sheila Bragg's triple 24-7. Carleton Rode kept up what is now looking a fruitless pursuit of the defending champions by beating Forncett 10-0. Morris Taylor, Trish Taylor and Neil Davidson beat Merv Boulter's triple 24-7.
Harling Griffins beat Shropham 8-2 with Betty Murphy, George Hume and Jill Hayman beating Philip Cussack's triple 31-8. Defending City of Norwich League champions Horsford BC collected 27 points from 28 this week to move top of the table. They won 13-1, 85-23 on shots, at home to Windows and then beat Horsford Heroes 14-0 scoring 60 shots against 23. Horsford BC also won 14-2 at home to Framingham Earl in the City League Shield semi-final.
The venues and dates of the 2017 Bure Singles, Pairs and Triples Championships have been announced. The action begins with the Bure Pairs Finals at Kirby Bedon on Monday, March 13 where Halvergate's Morgan Warnes and Keith Cooke will defend their title.
Expected to be in contention are two vastly experienced East Tuddenham pairings, Melly Woods and John Turner and Jean Woods and Simon Willies. The Bure Triples Finals take place at Woodbastwick on Tuesday, March 14. Last year's champions Geraldine Potter, Gerald Potter and Chris Mann of East Tuddenham have qualified as well as last year's runners-up Brenda Sizer, Diane Boswell and Mike Boswell.
You may also want to watch:
Horsford BC will host the Bure Singles Finals on Thursday, March 16. Defending champion Chris Mann of East Tuddenham is sure to prove a formidable force to be reckoned with while last year's beaten finalist David Lamb of Halvergate & England will be looking for revenge.
The NCSMBA Management Committee has appointed Jon Sparham of Wymondham SMBC as Treasurer following the resignation of Jill Watson of Kirby Bedon SMBC at a NCSMBA Committee meeting this week. President Brian Saunders agreed to fill the role of assistant treasurer.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 8 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 9 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 10 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich