Wymondham 35, Harwich 20
Wymondham recorded a third straight league win after a good team performance.
The hosts took an early lead when Harry Brown nicked the ball and score an unconverted try after good work by the forwards. They then stretched their lead to 10-0 when a surge by Tom Masters set up Brown to feed Steve Simms, who sold a great dummy and scored a fine try.
Harwich hit back with a penalty and an uncoverted try before two Simms penalties made it 16-8 at the break.
The second half resumed as the first had ended, with both sides trying to gain ascendancy, and it was Wymondham who scored through a peach of a try from Alex Brugger.
Three minutes later Harwich responded with an unconverted try by their own winger. This was proving to be an excellent game of rugby, played at a terrific pace, and to prove it Nick Ferns, Dane Canning, Rob King and Simo set up a fine bonus point try for Dave Marting, returning after a three-match injury spell. Simms duly converted after 59 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Harwich & Dovercourt exerted great pressure again on the Wymondham line but the defence of Dave Black, Tom Elias, Henry Petch, Alan Turner and James Wyatt held firm.
Still Harwich fought hard to come back into the game but a superb break from the Wymondham 22 saw Simo and Wyatt go almost the length of the pitch and allow the good support work of King to be rewarded with a try which was converted.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
With this Harwich reinstated their pressure and their No 6 scored an unconverted try in the corner.