Wymondham 35, Harwich 20
Wymondham recorded a third straight league win after a good team performance.
The hosts took an early lead when Harry Brown nicked the ball and score an unconverted try after good work by the forwards. They then stretched their lead to 10-0 when a surge by Tom Masters set up Brown to feed Steve Simms, who sold a great dummy and scored a fine try.
Harwich hit back with a penalty and an uncoverted try before two Simms penalties made it 16-8 at the break.
The second half resumed as the first had ended, with both sides trying to gain ascendancy, and it was Wymondham who scored through a peach of a try from Alex Brugger.
Three minutes later Harwich responded with an unconverted try by their own winger. This was proving to be an excellent game of rugby, played at a terrific pace, and to prove it Nick Ferns, Dane Canning, Rob King and Simo set up a fine bonus point try for Dave Marting, returning after a three-match injury spell. Simms duly converted after 59 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Harwich & Dovercourt exerted great pressure again on the Wymondham line but the defence of Dave Black, Tom Elias, Henry Petch, Alan Turner and James Wyatt held firm.
Still Harwich fought hard to come back into the game but a superb break from the Wymondham 22 saw Simo and Wyatt go almost the length of the pitch and allow the good support work of King to be rewarded with a try which was converted.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 6 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 7 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 8 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night
- 9 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 10 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms
With this Harwich reinstated their pressure and their No 6 scored an unconverted try in the corner.