Former Norwich City striker helps Wroxham ease past Kirkley & Pakefield in FA Cup
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Former Norwich City striker Grant Holt was at the double to help Wroxham see off Kirkley & Pakefield 3-2 in their FA Cup extra preliminary round replay last night.
FA Cup extra preliminary round
Wroxham 3 Kirkley & Pakefield 2
Former Norwich City striker Grant Holt was at the double to help Wroxham see off Kirkley & Pakefield 3-2 in their FA Cup extra preliminary round replay on Wednesday night.
Shaun Taylor opened the scoring early on for the Yachtsmen before Holt scored from the spot after being pulled down in the penalty area.
You may also want to watch:
Kirkley gave themselves a lifeline through Nathan Russell but Holt restored Wroxham's two-goal advantage before the break with a fine header.
Kirkley rallied in the second half and pulled a goal back through Anthony Cox but they were reduced to 10 men three minutes from time when Kyle Haylock was given his marching orders for a dangerous challenge on Simon Lappin.
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 4 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 5 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 6 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
- 7 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 8 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
- 9 New landlords hope to serve up Thai food in suburban pub
- 10 Full-back signs for Burnley after Canaries release
Wroxham will now face Stamford at home in the preliminary round on Saturday, August 24 at Trafford Park. Jordan Southgate's side take on FC Clacton in their first league outing of the season on Saturday whilst Kirkley are without a game.