Wroxham starting to feel the play-off heat
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Wroxham's play-off hopes hit another stumbling block as they could only manage a 1-1 draw against Great Wakering Rovers.
The Yachtsmen thought they were on the way to a hard fought victory after Jamie Forshaw had stole in to give his side the lead on 54 minutes, only for Tony Jacobs to convert from close range with 11 minutes left for the visitors to make it three games without a win for Stewart Larter's men.
Larter's side still find themselves in the Ryman North play-off positions – albeit a place lower than kick off in fifth – but this slight lapse in form at an important time of the season may indicate a slight feeling of pressure among the ranks.
Top scorer Christy Finch came closest to breaking the deadlock in the first half but his acrobatic free-kick flew over the crossbar.
The Yachtsmen's pressure finally paid off in the 54th minute when Forshaw broke the deadlock.
You may also want to watch:
Garrod drove down the right and dug out a dangerous cross that several Wroxham players went for at the back post. Forshaw showed the most desire to get to the ball first and divert it in.
Great Wakering responded well and Jacobs got the visitors back on level terms as he diverted a cross from the right into the back of the net.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
Wroxham huffed and puffed in the final ten minutes and despite some promising situations they were unable to find that final ball and had to settle for a point that still keeps them in the top five, albeit opening the door slightly for those below them.