Wroxham’s late blitz stuns Diss
Wroxham put newly promoted Diss Town firmly in their place at Trafford Park as they recorded an emphatic 5-0 success.
The Yachtsmen scored four times in the final half hour to confirm their superiority on the night and make it 19 points from a possible 21 so far this season.
The hosts led 1-0 at the break courtesy of a Ben Thompson header and really went to town after Danny Easlea had been sent off for retaliation.
A Damian Hilton penalty made it 2-0 and headers from Andy Easthaugh and Graham Challen doubled Wroxham's advantage before Jordan Rocastle put the icing on the cake by making it five against his former club.
The win wasn't enough to take Wroxham top, with Dereham beating Gorleston 2-0 at Aldiss Park to stay two points clear, having played one more game.
You may also want to watch:
Third placed Wisbech lost for only the second time this season, going down 2-1 at home to Haverhill.
New Yarmouth manager Mike Derbyshire got off to a losing start when his side were beaten 2-0 at Norwich United.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 4 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 5 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 6 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 7 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 8 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 9 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 10 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
The Planters took the lead after just five minutes when Jake Jessup failed to hold a corner, allowing Thomas Mustapha to slot home.
Tom Jeal then hit the woodwork for United before Ben Morgan followed suit for the Bloaters.
The home side grabbed a deserved second early in the second half when Scott Manning found Ross King who crossed for Andrew Claydon to convert.
In Division One Thetford Town made it five straight wins with a 2-1 success at Downham Town.