Wroxham’s late blitz stuns Diss
Wroxham put newly promoted Diss Town firmly in their place at Trafford Park as they recorded an emphatic 5-0 success.
The Yachtsmen scored four times in the final half hour to confirm their superiority on the night and make it 19 points from a possible 21 so far this season.
The hosts led 1-0 at the break courtesy of a Ben Thompson header and really went to town after Danny Easlea had been sent off for retaliation.
A Damian Hilton penalty made it 2-0 and headers from Andy Easthaugh and Graham Challen doubled Wroxham's advantage before Jordan Rocastle put the icing on the cake by making it five against his former club.
The win wasn't enough to take Wroxham top, with Dereham beating Gorleston 2-0 at Aldiss Park to stay two points clear, having played one more game.
You may also want to watch:
Third placed Wisbech lost for only the second time this season, going down 2-1 at home to Haverhill.
New Yarmouth manager Mike Derbyshire got off to a losing start when his side were beaten 2-0 at Norwich United.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 7 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 8 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 9 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 10 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
The Planters took the lead after just five minutes when Jake Jessup failed to hold a corner, allowing Thomas Mustapha to slot home.
Tom Jeal then hit the woodwork for United before Ben Morgan followed suit for the Bloaters.
The home side grabbed a deserved second early in the second half when Scott Manning found Ross King who crossed for Andrew Claydon to convert.
In Division One Thetford Town made it five straight wins with a 2-1 success at Downham Town.