Wroxham return to top of Ridgeons League
Wroxham returned to the top of the Ridgeons League Premier Division last night with a 3-1 win over Clacton at Trafford Park.
The omens looked bad for the Yachtsmen when the visitors, who had eight senior players unavailable, took a shock lead eight minutes before the interval with a stunning long range shot from Aaron Condon.
But Wroxham equalised three minutes later with a close range goal from Ben Thompson and the second half they completed the turn-round with further goals from Andy Eastaugh and Matt Blake.
The Yachtsmen are now firmly in control of their own title destiny, a point ahead of Ely – who they beat 2-1 last week – with a game in hand.
Dereham Town had no complaints as they went down 4-1 at home to Stanway.
You may also want to watch:
The Magpies had been looking to avenge their defeat to the Essex side in the semi-finals of the League Cup, but they were 4-0 down by the interval to goals from Ben Newson (two, one penalty), Ben Pudney and Mark Maher. Dereham improved greatly in the second half but only had a 78th minute reply from Daniel Francis to show for it.
Gorleston suffered their second home defeat in four days when they lost 1-0 to Mildenhall.
- 1 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 4 Chef Galton Blackiston closes fish and chip shop during week
- 5 Brothers take wedding bookings for 2022 after finishing barn project
- 6 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 7 Town left at standstill after level crossing failure
- 8 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
- 9 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 10 Seven lockdown rules that could change