Wroxham return to top of Ridgeons League
Wroxham returned to the top of the Ridgeons League Premier Division last night with a 3-1 win over Clacton at Trafford Park.
The omens looked bad for the Yachtsmen when the visitors, who had eight senior players unavailable, took a shock lead eight minutes before the interval with a stunning long range shot from Aaron Condon.
But Wroxham equalised three minutes later with a close range goal from Ben Thompson and the second half they completed the turn-round with further goals from Andy Eastaugh and Matt Blake.
The Yachtsmen are now firmly in control of their own title destiny, a point ahead of Ely – who they beat 2-1 last week – with a game in hand.
Dereham Town had no complaints as they went down 4-1 at home to Stanway.
You may also want to watch:
The Magpies had been looking to avenge their defeat to the Essex side in the semi-finals of the League Cup, but they were 4-0 down by the interval to goals from Ben Newson (two, one penalty), Ben Pudney and Mark Maher. Dereham improved greatly in the second half but only had a 78th minute reply from Daniel Francis to show for it.
Gorleston suffered their second home defeat in four days when they lost 1-0 to Mildenhall.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 7 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 10 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st