Wroxham hit by quickfire double
- Credit: Archant
Two goals within two minutes took the wind out of the Yachtsmen's sails.
Leading scorer Jason Hallett had to pass a pre-match fitness test, but quickly went to work, his first-half double setting the visitors on the way, with Liam Hope adding a third after the interval.
The Yachtsmen remain a point outside the relegation zone with two games to play.
The match was preceded by a minute's silence in memory of former Wroxham committee member Ronnie Hudson.
Cheshunt attacked from the off, although visiting keeper James May had to be on his toes as midfielder Jack Garrod whipped in a couple of teasing crosses.
You may also want to watch:
Hallett then went close twice within the space of five minutes, but with just over the half-hour played, he struck – his first shot was well saved by Elliot Pride but the ball rebounded off the Cheshunt forward and bounced into the net.
A minute later it was 2-0, Pride again saving well, down to his left, only for the loose ball to reach Hallett, who reacted quickest on the edge of the area and placed the ball into the bottom corner.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 3 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 4 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 5 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 8 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 9 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
- 10 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
There was controversy just before the interval which continued as the players and referee left the pitch. A Cheshunt player went down in the Wroxham area and referee James Turner waived away the protests from the visitors' bench. Cheshunt players and management harangued the referee and his assistants as they left the pitch, with visiting manager Paul Wickenden dismissed.
Wroxham: Pride, Ramm, Potter (King 55), S Taylor, A Taylor, Ebbage, Garrod, Lemmon (Guyton 61), Sommerfield, Hinton, Wilkinson (Bailey 45). Subs not used: Sturman, Forshaw
Cheshunt: May, Pullen, Clemo, Kizzi, Kendall, Heather, Bristow, Bruno, Hallett (Frendo 69), Hope (Bolle 75), Marshall (Cooper 53). Subs not used: Finneran, Purdue. Goals: Hallett (31, 32), Hope (68)
Referee: James Turner