Wroxham’s ‘match of the day’ off after coronavirus concerns
- Credit: Archant
Wroxham’s big game against Stowmarket Town this weekend is off.
The Yachtsmen were due to host the Suffolk side at Trafford Park in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division, but the game was called off because of a confirmed coronavirus case at Whitton – a team Stowmarket played on Tuesday night.
Third-placed Kirkley & Pakefield have a trip to Newmarket Town, but it is the second qualifying round of the Vase that dominates the programme.
First Division leaders Fakenham Town – who put 10 past Wisbech St Mary in midweek – will fancy their chances at Premier strugglers Swaffham Town, while the same might be said of Downham Town, who travel to Premier side Gorleston.
Thetford, without a point from their opening five league games, have a tough task at home to Norwich United, who are second in the table and have scored eight goals in their last two outings.
You may also want to watch:
Struggling Sheringham will be looking for their first win of any sort this season when Walsham Le Willows head to north Norfolk.
Great Yarmouth Town and Mulbarton Wanderers meet again at The Wellesley after a 1-1 league draw last month while Norwich CBS are away to March Town United.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 2 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 3 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 6 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 7 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully
- 8 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 9 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 10 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
In the First Division North, King’s Lynn Town Reserves face visiting Leiston Reserves while Diss go to Haverhill Borough.