Wroxham finally move off the bottom after away draw
- Credit: PA
Wroxham moved off the foot of the table on goal difference after earning a deserved point at Hornchurch.
It could have been a different story had Martin Tuohy found the net in the first minute, but Wroxham 'keeper Elliott Pride tipped his header over and the resulting corner was cleared.
Wroxham battled back and went close when Ross Gilfedder's flick goalwards required Sam Mott to make a sharp save. Gilfedder also sent a header wide.
Tuohy put Hornchurch ahead when the Wroxham defence failed to clear a long ball on 29 minutes – the assistant referee had flagged that the ball had gone out of play only for the referee to allow play to continue. Wroxham stopped – but Touhy didn't and took full advantage.
Wroxham eventually drew level when Connor Deeks fired home from 30 yards on 75 minutes after the home defence failed to clear a Tom Rampling corner.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 3 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 4 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 5 More than 80 Norfolk parishes protest against wind farm plans
- 6 Man stopped 504 people from getting jabs after gluing vaccine centre locks
- 7 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk
- 8 'Oh God almighty, this woman!' - Zoom council meeting descends into chaos
- 9 Tributes paid to much-loved family man who died in A143 crash
- 10 Road closed for 'emergency' repairs to Victorian footbridge