Wroxham finally move off the bottom after away draw
- Credit: PA
Wroxham moved off the foot of the table on goal difference after earning a deserved point at Hornchurch.
It could have been a different story had Martin Tuohy found the net in the first minute, but Wroxham 'keeper Elliott Pride tipped his header over and the resulting corner was cleared.
Wroxham battled back and went close when Ross Gilfedder's flick goalwards required Sam Mott to make a sharp save. Gilfedder also sent a header wide.
Tuohy put Hornchurch ahead when the Wroxham defence failed to clear a long ball on 29 minutes – the assistant referee had flagged that the ball had gone out of play only for the referee to allow play to continue. Wroxham stopped – but Touhy didn't and took full advantage.
Wroxham eventually drew level when Connor Deeks fired home from 30 yards on 75 minutes after the home defence failed to clear a Tom Rampling corner.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 4 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 5 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 8 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront