Wroxham make it two wins out of two in Thurlow Nunn League
- Credit: Archant
Wroxham made it two wins out of two in the Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division on Tuesday evening when they beat Kirkley and Pakefield 3-1 at Trafford Park.
The Yachtsmen, who once again had ex-Canary Grant Holt leading their attack, turned in an impressive performance against the Royals, with goals from Harley Black, Ryan Miles and Shaun Taylor sealing the points.
Holt almost scored with an audacious long range effort that brought a fine save out of visiting keeper Adam Rix before the visitors pulled one back near the end.
Thetford Town slipped to their fourth defeat in league matches when they were beaten 3-1 at home by Godmanchester Rovers.
The visitors already had the points in the bag by the time Dylan Edge got on the scoresheet for Town in the 71st minute.
You may also want to watch:
Gorleston's match against Swaffham Town was postponed because of floodlight issues at Emerald Park.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 6 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 7 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 8 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 9 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 10 Road through village closed by floodwater