Wroxham face fixture pile up
Wroxham secretary Chris Green admitted the club's FA Vase postponement could trigger a fixture headache.The Yachtsmen will attempt to host Armthorpe Welfare again this Saturday after their scheduled fourth round replay over the weekend was called off following the latest snowfall.
Wroxham secretary Chris Green admitted the club's FA Vase postponement could trigger a fixture headache.
The Yachtsmen will attempt to host Armthorpe Welfare again this Saturday after their scheduled fourth round replay over the weekend was called off following the latest snowfall.
Wroxham now travel to Ely on Tuesday night in a re-arranged Ridgeons Premier game as David Batch's men struggle to play catch up with a backlog of league and cup fixtures.
'We've hastily arranged a league game against Ely who we were due to play next Saturday,' said Green. 'We asked them if they wanted to come up to Wroxham on Tuesday, which they didn't, but as we haven't played them away yet we will go there instead. We've only played 19 league games while some of the others have played 24 or 25 so we we're already behind without the addition of these cup games.'
You may also want to watch:
Should Wroxham edge past the south Yorkshire side they would travel to Royston in the fifth round seven days later.
'My understanding is the winner of the tie would then play the following week,' said Green. 'Obviously we would have to confirm that through the FA again, but that was what we had been told.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 3 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 4 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 5 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 6 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 7 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 8 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
- 9 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
'Unfortunately the weather just got the better of us. We had two or three inches of snow on the pitch. It came down about 5pm Friday night and seemed to settle on frosty ground quite easily. We talked about having an inspection because it had been wet, but it was a straightforward decision.'
Wroxham drew 1-1 after extra time in the original tie at the Northern Counties East promotion hopefuls.
'By all accounts the team put up a battling performance and were well pleased to get something out of it,' said Green. 'I didn't actually go to the original tie as I was due to be at a reserve game which in the event was called off but from what I can gather they are a footballing side with a couple of quick wingers.
'I spoke to the secretary of Bridlington who played them during last week and he said that is what is a little unusual about them. You tend to associate the northern teams with being quite physical and tough but they like to play so I think it has all the makings of a good cup tie.'