Wroxham exit for Bloomfield
Wroxham chief David Batch has confirmed the transfer of former King's Lynn striker Danny Bloomfield to Needham Market.
The experienced goal poacher has left Trafford Park in a 'four figure deal' after joining Wroxham for the second half of last season from Lowestoft.
'The offer from Needham met our valuation, it is a good move for him as he lives close to Needham but more importantly, it now creates an opportunity for our talented younger players to progress,' said Batch. 'Jordan Rocastle has impressed thus far and Ben Thompson and Paul Cook look fit and sharp. With last season's top scorer Damian Hilton and last season player of-the-year Ross Durrant getting fitter by the session, it gives us enough quality in this area.
'Needham have been excellent to deal with and were patient enough to understand that we could only accept their offer if we had our house in order- which we managed to do.'
Wroxham step up their pre-season preparations with a weekend trip to UCL Premier Division King's Lynn on Saturday after a 6-0 defeat to a Norwich City XI on Tuesday night.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 5 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 6 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 7 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 8 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 9 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 10 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain