Wroxham exit for Bloomfield
Wroxham chief David Batch has confirmed the transfer of former King's Lynn striker Danny Bloomfield to Needham Market.
The experienced goal poacher has left Trafford Park in a 'four figure deal' after joining Wroxham for the second half of last season from Lowestoft.
'The offer from Needham met our valuation, it is a good move for him as he lives close to Needham but more importantly, it now creates an opportunity for our talented younger players to progress,' said Batch. 'Jordan Rocastle has impressed thus far and Ben Thompson and Paul Cook look fit and sharp. With last season's top scorer Damian Hilton and last season player of-the-year Ross Durrant getting fitter by the session, it gives us enough quality in this area.
'Needham have been excellent to deal with and were patient enough to understand that we could only accept their offer if we had our house in order- which we managed to do.'
Wroxham step up their pre-season preparations with a weekend trip to UCL Premier Division King's Lynn on Saturday after a 6-0 defeat to a Norwich City XI on Tuesday night.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 8 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 9 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer