Wroxham denied by late strike against Soham Town Rangers
Wroxham battled back from two goals down only to see their hopes shattered by a late winner for the visitors.
Soham made the better start, with some neat and tidy possession in the opening exchanges.
Luke Stanley sliced wide early on, before Dan Brown lashed an effort at Elliot Pride that the goalkeeper palmed away well.
If that was the warning shot, the Yachtsmen didn't learn from it and Brown was in again on 22 minutes to give his side the lead. A high looping ball in from Alex Luque found Brown waiting free at the back post again to volley home from six yards.
Stanley then headed straight at Pride when free from eight yards as they continued to press, before Joey Abbs made it 2-0 on 35 minutes, the striker ghosting in at the back post.
You may also want to watch:
Wroxham came back stronger in the second half and deservedly got back in it, Andy Howell acrobatically scissor-kicking home from Jamie Forshaw's corner.
Remy Gordon then made things level on 67 minutes, the winger collecting another Forshaw pass to take a touch and drill past Enol Ordonez from just inside the box.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 8 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 9 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 10 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
The game began to get stretched as both sides pushed for a winner, Matt Simpson striking the bar for Soham and Nathan Stone having an effort ruled out for offside for the Yachtsmen.
Pride then saved superbly from Ryan Sharman twice in the space of 10 seconds in a frantic period, before Stanley's last-ditch heroics.
Wroxham: Pride, Taylor, Price, Harty (Garrod 78), Howell, Halliday, Forshaw (Imrie 87), White (King 81), Stone, Finch, Gordon. Subs not used: Rust, Attree
Soham Town Rangers: Ordonez, Luque, Monk, Sharman, Gent, Bromwich, Simpson, Asensi, Abbs, Stanley, Brown (Davis 78). Subs not used: Ofori-gyasi, Gutierrez, Hart.
Ref: Martyn Holmes. Att: 228
Dereham's home match against Needham Market was postponed because of a waterlogged pitch.