Wroxham could be relegated from Ryman League after conceding late goal
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Wroxham's hopes of Ryman League survival were ended in dramatic fashion as Billy Hunt's last-minute winner stole all three points for Burnham Ramblers at Trafford Park.
The game epitomised Wroxham's season, with long periods of dominance without reward and some slack defending
Burnham hit the bar early and Joe Marsden had a 24th-minute header cleared off the line for Wroxham as both sides had chances in the first half.
Burnham took the lead when Terry Griffiths' 59th-minute effort was deflected in by Aaron Taylor.
Ross Durrant and Marsden then both had efforts well saved, before the latter seemingly grabbed a deserved point for his side with 90 seconds remaining as he toe poked in from Matt Halliday's flick on to give Wroxham hope.
But the Yachtsmen failed to hold on as Hunt struck from 25 yards with the last kick of the game to relegate Wroxham, with their only chance of playing Step Four football next season now in the hands of those below them and their respective Ryman League applications.
Wroxham: Juhasz, Marsden, Halliday, Price, Taylor, Harty (Guyton 76), Cary (Sanders 78), Self, Gordon, Durrant, Drake (Broom 84). Subs: Guyton, King, Sanders, Groves, Broom
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 3 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 4 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 5 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 6 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 7 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 8 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 9 Fire fears over huge battery storage plants for wind farm
- 10 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
Booked: Self 70
Burnham Ramblers: Godwin-Green, Keys, Griffiths, Evans, Stubbs (Brandon 55), Kynaston, Kirby (Scarlett 81), Cossington, Williams, Hunt, Nobbs (Sisson 90). Subs: Scarlett, Sisson, Beale
Booked: Kirby 44, Keys 84, Scarlett 90
Referee: G Sprague