Wroxham boss happy to build from the back
Wroxham manager Pawel Guziejko says his side's defensive stability has played a big part in their recent upturn in form.
Last weekend's 3-1 win away at Cheshunt meant The Yachtsmen have only lost once in their last five games, a run that Guziejko believes has been aided by being able to field a consistent back four.
'The consistency and stability of our team – in particular the back four – has made a big difference in recent weeks. Having the same people on the pitch is crucial; it allows players to build up trust and relationships with each other,' he said.
'We have worked hard on various defensive situations in training over the past four weeks and this is now beginning to pay on the pitch.'
Wroxham – who's 21 games this season have produced a league-highest 106 goals - travel to ninth-placed Maldon and Tiptree today, a team that Guziejko's men bagged four of these goals without reply against in a comprehensive victory back in August.
You may also want to watch:
But the Wroxham boss has stated his side will not be resting on their laurels from this win and will be treating the game in the same manner as any other.
The Yachtsmen will be without defensive duo Ben Price and Sam Groves. New signing Aaron Taylor is expected to start.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 7 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143