Wroxham boss bemoans busy Bank Holiday schedule
Wroxham boss Pawel Guziejko is confident his players will cope with the busy Bank Holiday weekend of football ahead – although he does admit he feels it is a lot to ask to play two games in the space of three days.
Wroxham face Needham Market away this afternoon before returning the Trafford Park 48 hours later to face local rivals Dereham Town and Guziejko thinks the pressure on players to recover in such a short space of time is quite severe.
'When you are not professional and you have to play on a Saturday and then a Monday I think it is a lot to ask from the players with only 24 hours recovery, and I think that someone needs to have a look at that,' he said.
'People have families and they have work, and when you think that the body needs 48 hours to recover after a full 90 minute match I think that is asking too much. However, it is what it is and it is a challenge that we have to meet, and I am confident, like I always am, that we will meet it.'
Wroxham lost 3-2 away at Waltham Forest on Tuesday, giving them a very mixed start of the season with two wins and two losses.
You may also want to watch:
The Yachtsmen boss added: 'I treat every game the same and my first focus is on Needham. I want everyone at the club to be focussing on that, and then once we have got through that we can look to the Dereham game.'
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall