Wroxham boss bemoans busy Bank Holiday schedule
Wroxham boss Pawel Guziejko is confident his players will cope with the busy Bank Holiday weekend of football ahead – although he does admit he feels it is a lot to ask to play two games in the space of three days.
Wroxham face Needham Market away this afternoon before returning the Trafford Park 48 hours later to face local rivals Dereham Town and Guziejko thinks the pressure on players to recover in such a short space of time is quite severe.
'When you are not professional and you have to play on a Saturday and then a Monday I think it is a lot to ask from the players with only 24 hours recovery, and I think that someone needs to have a look at that,' he said.
'People have families and they have work, and when you think that the body needs 48 hours to recover after a full 90 minute match I think that is asking too much. However, it is what it is and it is a challenge that we have to meet, and I am confident, like I always am, that we will meet it.'
Wroxham lost 3-2 away at Waltham Forest on Tuesday, giving them a very mixed start of the season with two wins and two losses.
You may also want to watch:
The Yachtsmen boss added: 'I treat every game the same and my first focus is on Needham. I want everyone at the club to be focussing on that, and then once we have got through that we can look to the Dereham game.'
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 6 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 9 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 10 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?