Wroxham bid to keep up good form but Dereham match postponed
- Credit: James Bass
Wroxham will be hoping to carry on their recent superb form as they return to Ryman League Division One North action against Heybridge Swifts at Trafford Park this evening.
The Yachtsmen have been irresistible of late with just one defeat in their last eight games in all competitions and a 5-0 demolition of Swaffham Town in last Tuesday's Senior Cup tie continuing their recent upsurge of form in style.
Defeat to local rivals Dereham Town was the only blemish in an otherwise faultless November for Stewart Larter's men, whilst their potency in front of goal and solidity at the other end – with 21 goals scored and just three conceded over the course of the month .
In contrast, tonight's opponents Heybridge have seen themselves drop in the opposite manner to the Yachtsmen, with the club enduring a torrid start to the 2014/15 season, with just 20 points from the same number of games leaving the club perilously close to the bottom three.
When considering that the Essex outfit were only six points off top spot last season – with 108 goals and 93 points to their name – it's incredible how the two sides have switched roles in the Ryman North Division One table.
You may also want to watch:
A 95th minute Robert Juhasz howler gifted Heybridge all three points last time the two sides met at Trafford Park back in March, whilst a 7-2 annihilation in the reverse fixture at the start of the season will be something the Wroxham players will be looking to revenge.
Stewart Larter, pictured, has a full squad to choose from, with Jack Garrod looking to keep the recent fine goal-scoring form going that has seen the winger net five times in his last three appearances.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 7 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 10 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van
The Yachtsmen's Ryman League rivals Dereham Town were due to travel to Brentwood but the match has been called off due to a waterlogged pitch.
Elsewhere, Great Yarmouth Town travel to Debenham LC in the quarter-finals of the Thurlow Nunn First Division Knockout Cup.
Yarmouth, eighth, sit just five points behind this evening's opponents – who sit third in the table – having played three matches less.