Wroxham and Dereham matches postponed but King’s Lynn’s clash with Merthyr will go ahead
- Credit: Archant
Persistent rain has led to early postponements of both Wroxham and Dereham Town's scheduled matches for this evening – but King's Lynn Town's clash with Merthyr Town is set to go ahead.
The Ryman League North Division sides were both due to play tonight, with Dereham preparing to host Haringey Borough and Wroxham set to travel to Essex to take on Heybridge Swifts.
After pitch inspections, both matches have been postponed due to waterlogged surfaces.
Dereham were looking to extend a nine-game unbeaten run but will now have to wait until Saturday, when the Magpies are scheduled to travel to bottom-of-the-table Waltham Abbey.
The Yachtsmen were hoping to bring an end to a slump of 14 league games without a win and now face a trip to mid-table Aveley on Saturday.
King's Lynn Town are also in action tonight and, after two inspections of The Walks' pitch, are confident their Southern Premier Division encounter with Merthyr will go ahead.
You may also want to watch:
A notice on the Linnets' website states: 'After two inspections this morning and the forecast says no more rain today, means tonight's fixture against Merthyr Town will go ahead at 7.45 this evening.'
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 7 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown
- 10 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant