Wroxham and Dereham matches postponed but King’s Lynn’s clash with Merthyr will go ahead
- Credit: Archant
Persistent rain has led to early postponements of both Wroxham and Dereham Town's scheduled matches for this evening – but King's Lynn Town's clash with Merthyr Town is set to go ahead.
The Ryman League North Division sides were both due to play tonight, with Dereham preparing to host Haringey Borough and Wroxham set to travel to Essex to take on Heybridge Swifts.
After pitch inspections, both matches have been postponed due to waterlogged surfaces.
Dereham were looking to extend a nine-game unbeaten run but will now have to wait until Saturday, when the Magpies are scheduled to travel to bottom-of-the-table Waltham Abbey.
The Yachtsmen were hoping to bring an end to a slump of 14 league games without a win and now face a trip to mid-table Aveley on Saturday.
King's Lynn Town are also in action tonight and, after two inspections of The Walks' pitch, are confident their Southern Premier Division encounter with Merthyr will go ahead.
You may also want to watch:
A notice on the Linnets' website states: 'After two inspections this morning and the forecast says no more rain today, means tonight's fixture against Merthyr Town will go ahead at 7.45 this evening.'
- 1 'That's awful': Jimmy Carr pokes fun at Norfolk on Good Morning Britain
- 2 Two former Norfolk police officers due in court over indecent images
- 3 Former Norfolk police officer jailed over indecent images of children
- 4 Man who has been walking the UK's coastline since 2017 hits Norfolk
- 5 Person in hospital after being struck by bus on busy Norwich road
- 6 One of North Norfolk's 'most sought after' homes is up for rent
- 7 'A hard pill to take' - Farmer culls pigs after 50 years amid workforce crisis
- 8 Revealed: The most popular places to move to in Norfolk
- 9 Troubled pub relaunched as 'proper local' by new landlord
- 10 Video shows fire after geese fly into electricity pole